Saturday, August 11, 2007

If I can't dance, I don't want to be in your revolution

Hey, I just saw this movie, The Number 23. Don't judge. It sucked, but not as badly as I thought it would. It started out with some absurd numerological conspiracy stuff and ended up being a far more complex study of how many concerned and crazed expressions Serious Jim Carrey could manage. It also led me to the wikipedia (you wiki, I wiki, we all wiki) entry on conspiracy theories surrounding the number "23," all of which added such nuance to an already finely textured film. Curiously, when I looked for the film at Hollywood video (continue not to judge) on Friday night, all 20-something copies were gone, which meant that 20 OTHER family units sought out the film, paid money for it, and spent their precious time watching it. It made me realize that a) I love America and b) when the Declaration of Independence says "we, the people," I can proudly include myself as part of that "people." w00t.

p.s. I typed Constitution first instead of Declaration of Independence. Summer school in 1999 called, and they want their "A" back. Burned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. I lurve me some cheese fries.

Anonymous said...

What the hell happened to Bernied Mac? I thought you guys were on my team.

Anonymous said...

Great work.